- The Advantages of Selling Service Packages - Bundling Up
So if you can offer an easy user experience online to purchase, use up and auto-renew packages when services are booked, then pet owners will come back for more, and your pet care business will stabilize and grow.
Without having to worry about collecting payments or chasing down past-due accounts, you can now spend more time delivering quality services.
You can focus on your business now that appointments are booked and pre-paid. This makes it much easier to focus on growing your business rather than having to deal with the day-to-day scheduling, billing and back-and-forth communications to book in a-la-cart appointments. Some Easy Busy Pets customers are 100% on this model, so that they can focus on their VIPs and scale their business.
1. Choose your top selling pet service, one that is requested often. [Ex. Full Day Doggy Daycare]
2. List out what you charge for one appointment / visit or overnight stay. [$40]
3. List how many appointments you feel the client would value from a package, or the number of classes a training session would take. [20 days]
4. Multiply #2 by #3. [$800]
5. Make a complete list of all the add-ons you give clients with this service. [ex. An exit bath if they get too dirty, etc.]
6. Put a $ value on the resources and add-ons you provide a pet as part of the service. For example, driving time / gas, email report after a dog training class is completed, or clean off their paws after a dog walk before you drop them off at home. If you water their plants or clean their dishes. Value it all. [$100]
7. How much extra time and expertise given away by not accounting for it in one time appointments. An example might be initial consultation, additional advice, spending an extra 10 minutes walking the dog because they simply just need it. [10 mins]
8. Value of your extra time and expertise. Multiply #7 by the per hour rate you charge in #2. [$5]
9. Add together the total values in #4, #6, and #8. This gives you the total value of the package. [$905]
10. Take the total in #9 and divide by #3 (the number of sessions you want to offer in the package). [$45.25] This is your TRUE per appointment rate because it factors time behind the scenes and the value of the resources added. We often adjust this now to make an even number. Determine your ADJUSTED rate for a one-off session. [$45]
11. UPGRADED VALUE of the Package. This adjusted one-off session changes the value of the entire package. We now base the value of the number of sessions from #3 at this new ADJUSTED rate. Doing this also raises the value of the entire package. You determine the new value of the package based on this ADJUSTED rate. New value of package by changing #2 to your ADJUSTED rate from #10, and then update #4 and add together the NEW total values in #4, #6, and #8. [$905]
Using the example above for a full day daycare package, set your package price to $800 for x20 full day daycare visits to encourage value based purchases. Then update your one-time (ex. a-la-cart, ex. per-diem) service pricing to $45 per daycare day visit. This ensures you are not losing money on one-offs, while pricing a package that has a meaningful discount, especially when pet owners compare to the a-la-cart option.
Seeing is believing, so we put together a sample site to help you visualize how it works!
Starting with our sample: Check out countryboardinganddaycare.com, a demo pet care business. If you sign up as a pretend pet owner, you can observe the following.
1. Pet owners can "Add To Cart" a package from your website:
2. Pet owner piles up their purchases and pays:
Here are our top 5 criteria to look for in a software that offers packages as an automated feature.
1. Scheduling and client online booking
2. Pet CRM
3. Website Add-to-cart for payment acceptance
4. Credits management and automation
5. Staff scheduling and availability
Having worked with thousands of pet care businesses like dog grooming salons, doggy daycare, dog walking, pet sitting, dog trainers, kennels and boarding, Easy Busy Pets has a unique perspective thanks to our packages feature that is unparalleled because of our integrated all-in-one solution. Contact us today to learn more.